Saturday, December 4, 2010

Minecraft

What is all the fuss about?

I went and bought the game and after about 12 hours of both me and my girlfriend playing the game non-stop I definitely know what the fuss is about. This sandbox game is AWESOME. I've digged a deep underground base with huge networks of tunnels at the bottom of the map. I've risked life and limbs to mine obsidian, which is only created when flowing water comes in contact with still lava. I've made a portal fast-travel system (for each 1 block in The Nether you move 8 in the fake real world) and set up outposts on two locations. I've also built a nice castle to defend my tunnel entrance from the nothings that might attack (I play on peaceful, enemy AI doesn't really make this fun). But what I'm most proud of is that I discovered that you can make electric circuits with all the redstone you have, and you'll have to manually make all the AND, OR, NOT, FLIP-FLOP, XOR and whatever the rest are. I've only tried it out for a short while, but here are the results.



My base from the outside, it's still boxy but I'll do some finesse work when I can be arsed.



The 4 switches for input of code to enter



The 4 switches seen from the inside to switch them off (need to find a way to reset those, that solution is sloppy).



The circuitry of the circuit seen from the inside, the code is 5 (0101). I make a circuit for !A&B&!C&D  with 3 AND gates (again, probably a better way to do this, this is my first fooling around with circuits) doing (!A&!C)&(B&D) = open door. The circuits are all hidden inside a special maintenance room, the AND gates are those sand blocks that you see. I realize that some guy made a whole 16 bit computer in minecraft, so this is probably nothing, but I'm having so much fun, even after hours of work (the circuit probably took 2 hours to do due to improper planning). Gotta do some more of this stuff ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment